In 2015, the UN adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, proposing the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This agenda is built to create a global blueprint for dignity, peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and in the future, and is challenging the world as a whole to band together to leave no one behind.
As humans, our well-being is linked. Poverty, gender inequality, and lack of access to education, nutrition, clean water, and sanitation is detrimental to economic growth and undermines social cohesion, increasing political and social tensions that can lead to conflict. The converse–no poverty, sustainability, equality, and access to basic human needs–benefits the entire population and promotes personal and social well-being, economic growth, and development. It’s key to building our future together and ensuring prosperous societies and a planet we can all enjoy together for years to come.
That’s why Women in Cloud (WiC) and IdeaGen have partnered together and with industry leaders and policy makers to further the 2030 UN global goals through AI-based solutions with the #AISolutions2030 Innovation Hub at WiC’s 2020 Summit in January. Leveraging the UN Knowledge Repository, WiC is looking to bring some of the sharpest tech and business minds together in one place for a greater purpose and promises to produce great AI solutions directed at solving the UN’s SDG goals.
Advancing gender equality is one of the first five goals, and the UN is emphatic that realizing global gender equality is “critical to all areas of a healthy society, from reducing poverty to promoting the health, education, protection and the well-being of girls and boys,” and will go a long way to help solve the other goals. They stress that “investing in education programs for girls and increasing the age at which they marry can return $5 for every dollar spent. Investing in programs improving income-generating activities for women can return $7 dollars for every dollar spent.”
It’s no secret that advancing gender equality is at the nucleus of WiC, but all 17 goals are on the table for the #AISolutions2030 Innovation Hub. “We not only want to be at the forefront of gender equality, but the other UN goals as well,” says president of Women in Cloud Chaitra Vedullapalli. “We believe this world is worth saving, and we know that we have one of the brightest communities out there–a community that is no stranger to gathering together to solve big problems and overcome adversity.”
More than just an opportunity to show off their great skills, the #AISolutions2030 Innovation Hub gives up and coming women tech entrepreneurs and the entire community the chance at winning awards for their innovative thinking as well as bringing something better to the world.
Prizes include swag, plus with the industry recognition and visibility the #AISolutions2030 Innovation Hub generates, the best and brightest ideas are sure to get noticed by community leaders, corporate sponsors, and outside investors alike. It will be a prime opportunity to be recognized as a leader in the tech space.
Join us and gain valuable experience through collaborative design thinking, problem solving, executive pitch development and more.
- #AISolutions2030 Innovation Hub is inclusive, so anyone can participate. This includes literally anyone at the Summit, even Speakers and Judges. The more people we have to solve the problem, the better.
- When you register, tell us which SDG goal you want to contribute to. We will group people based on their selected goals.
- Be sure to recruit your own team members and invite the community to join.
- Women In Cloud team will put together the Groups on Online Community and host an online call to explain the process.
- George Sifakis and other UN representatives will be part of the call.
- Team Engagement: Summit
- The teams will use the SDG knowledge base to identify their “target” and “outcome” to do research, and begin preparing their ideas.
- The teams will join the Design Hacking Workshop to develop their AI solution.
- AI Solution Selection for Advancement
- The judges from IDEAGEN and WIC community will pick the compelling ideas to win awards at the IDEAGEN Global Awards Ceremony.
- All other ideas will be recognized and nurture throughout the year.
- Read the full terms and conditions for more details.
Join us for this amazing opportunity to roll up your sleeves, have fun, and help solve the world’s big problems through innovative tech solutions. Sign up today.