Women in Cloud (WiC), the organization responsible for working with global leaders and policymakers to help women entrepreneurs create economic opportunity, is looking for the next revolutionary innovation in tech-based enterprise solutions.
We are launching the inaugural #CloudInnovateHER Pitch Challenge on Nov 4, 2019, with the goal of helping women tech entrepreneurs across global market develop, showcase and win enterprise customers. As demands in enterprise tech grow, the need for products and services that address these unique challenges increases. The #CloudInnovateHER Challenge provides that platform.
Enterprise tech is one of the fastest growing and most influential sectors of the tech industry with enterprise software spending expected to reach $457 billion this year, but the numbers indicate that women are largely being left out of that economic opportunity. [Gartner] Although women founders continue to deliver outsized returns, data demonstrates that they still receive less than 3% of all VC funding, and women-founded companies catering to audiences beyond female consumers receive 54% less funding on average. Plus, there are disproportionately fewer women founding startups that serve enterprise, with only 2% of female entrepreneurs founding B2B companies, compared to 12% of men.
That’s why we at Women in Cloud are generating new ways for women tech entrepreneurs to get better access to funding, education, and a supporting community.
“We are excited to bring this opportunity to women-owned tech businesses and help them find commercial success by showcasing their enterprise-ready cloud solutions,” says Chaitra Vedullapalli, President of Women in Cloud. “Here’s a chance for startups and companies to compete on a global scale for a share of $10,000 in cash and access to Cloud Accelerator.”
This experience is sponsored by industry leaders like Microsoft, Meylah and others, who are also core supporters of expanding enterprise business opportunities to more women entrepreneurs. If indications from the Boston’s Consulting Group’s are correct, then if women entrepreneurs received funding on par with their male colleagues, some estimates indicate that the global economy could experience a $5 trillion boost. Beyond the importance of gender parity, that influx into the global economy would be an incredible lift.
Be recognized as an up-and-coming leader in the enterprise cloud space, and compete for the top prize of $10,000 to contribute to your business growth.
Qualifying is easy. Women-led companies developing an enterprise-ready cloud solution that’s earned less than $10 million in the past 12 months qualify to enter. Enter your business pitch or encourage others who qualify to enter.
Solutions will be evaluated for originality, market feasibility, and use of cloud and AI solutions.
Bring us your best pitch. Enter today.
Who should apply?
- Ready: Companies that are developing and/or developed an enterprise-ready cloud solution and looking to expand their customer market
- Set: US registered companies that already have a business plan and are pitch-ready with a commercially viable enterprise-ready cloud solution
- Change: Companies offering a cloud tech solution that solves enterprise related challenges
- Exposure to cloud market leaders and their channel partners
- Access to go-to-market benefits and cloud accelerator
- Global industry recognition as an innovative enterprise-ready cloud solution
- Recognition to maintain your company’s competitive edge
What are the competition timelines?
- Submission: The competition starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on Nov 04th, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on Dec 24th, 2019
- Selection: Finalists will be notified by Jan 6th, 2019, and provided with instructions for next steps
- Pitch Competition: Four finalists will have an opportunity to deliver their pitch during WIC Summit 2020, Jan 25th, 2020. The winner will be selected at the pitch competition and will receive a prize.
Note: Finalists will be awarded free registration to the Women In Cloud Summit 2020 registration, but will need to arrange and pay for their own travel and expenses related to attending the event. Submissions that aren’t selected will still receive a 15% discount to the event. In addition to having an opportunity to pitch your solution, you’ll have access to top companies and industry leaders from Microsoft, Ingram, SAP, and many more, who will present valuable sessions and invaluable resources throughout the day.
- 50% – Originality of idea which solves real customer need/business problem in the enterprise market
- 20% – Strong market opportunity & potential revenue stream
- 30% – Cloud and Artificial Intelligence (AI) is core to the solution
Judges for the competition include well-known leaders in the enterprise cloud industry with a proven track record of success and provide key influence to the industry at large. Regardless of the outcome, all entrants will benefit from exposure to these influencers.
Ready to create change for the global good? Apply now
Read the full terms and conditions for more details.
For more information visit https://www.womenincloud.com/cloudinnovateher/ or contact email@example.com.